Big Drinks, Big Game, Big Fun!
By, Rachel Davis
Team San Jose
As the work week comes to a close and we approach Game Day this weekend, we’ve decided to help you gear up and get in that last minute game plan with the the top 5 places to celebrate in San Jose.
It’s hard to beat last years' Game Day fun in San Jose, with San Pedro Square turned into a football field, the celebrity sightings, and the game being held less than eight miles away. San Jose is planning on having just as much fun this year.
- Rookie’s Sports Lodge - New to downtown, Rookie’s Sports Lodge is the ideal place to find a seat to watch the game. Boasting two locations, the San Jose eatery lends a classy and vibrant atmosphere to view the game, with ample TV’s and delicious cocktails. Game goers won’t feel like rookies at Rookie’s.
- The Continental Bar, Lounge and Patio - The Continental is showing true game day flare with their viewing party. Your admission includes food from the taco bar, music, drink specials, and of course an after party. The Continental will feel like you’re seated on the fifty-yard line.
- Old Wagon Saloon and Grill - This local favorite is packed on the weekends and during Shark’s games. It’ll be no different for the big game. Wagon has the perfect game day eats and drinks. They’ll show the big game on a projection screen outside…so here’s to hoping the good weather holds (and if it doesn’t they’ve got a great fire place)!
- Henry’s World Famous Hi-Life - This San Jose staple is always on any list for those wanting to cheer on their sports teams. Around since 1960, this is where sports fans come to enjoy brews, BBQ and a bustling atmosphere. It’s certainly ‘Hi’ on our list for game day!
- Yard House in Santana Row - Known for their half yard drinks and numerous big screen TV’s, Yard House creates the perfect atmosphere for the game. With over 100 beers to select from and conveniently located on the Row, the Yard House will help you enjoy seeing who runs the longest yard!