#TurnUptheTeal: Your Guide to the Sharks in the Playoffs
Blog written by Rachel Davis
Team San Jose
Well, it happened again, our team in teal are headed to the playoffs! After a tough few games and a few missing teeth, the Sharks have made the playoffs for the 11th time in 12 years. This year’s Sharks fans are ready and willing to clinch that much deserved Stanley Cup!
Ways to get your teal on: There are so many ways to participate in the playoffs, from viewing parties, to consuming special Sharks Drinks, it’s easy to show that San Jose is #SharksTerritory.
- Visit San Jose has started a #TealTuesday social media campaign and will be looking for the posts showing the most teeth (or lack thereof) to give away some awesome gear too. Participation is free, and fun! Just post a picture of yourself in your Shark’s gear or teal in front of your favorite San Jose landmark (can be anything from a mural to La Vic’s!) and include #TealTuesday and #VisitSanJose.
- Get your street party on. The Sharks will be hosting a pre-game street rally from 4:30-6:00 PM.
- Hit up local favorite watering holes for some delicious Sharks specials:
- The Britannia Arms are offering up a fantastic Sharks Margarita which is their normal knock out house margarita colored with blue Carasou…yum!
- Peggy Sue’s is offering a margarita their calling the Shark Tank…I’m hoping this means something as large as it is delicious.
- O’Flaherty’s has a special called Shark Attack, a pint of Great White and a shot of Jameson. Sign me up, and don’t forget to call the lifeguard.
- 5 Points, known for being named after the most nitrous neighborhood in New York, 5 Points is getting dangerous with their Shark Bite, a shot of Bullet Bourbon and pint of Scrimshaw.
- Hotel Valencia is offering delicious Shark Bites, tater tots with crispy corned beef, Cajun spice, beer cheese, and scallions. Not to leave you without something to quench your thirst, they also have the Shark Tank, a blend of Blue Ice Vodka, Blue Curacao, Pineapple Juice, and Cream. Shaken and strained over ice with a Cherry Garnish.
- Can we go try these all now?
Or, are you more than just a playoff game and bandwagon fan? Do you claim to be a Shark’s fan for LIFE? Well there are a couple ways to prove that too!
- The NHL has launched their “Sharks For Life” campaign and has selected five San Jose houses to be painted a gorgeous shade of teal. The selected homes receive a plaque designating it as an “Official Teal House of Sharks Territory” and a paint job valued at $6,000.
Of course, you can always go to the SAP center and see the action live! Tickets are on sale now for the first round! Your Sharks take on the Oilers for Game 3 this Sunday, April 16th at 7pm for the first home game of this round.
Whatever you level of fandom is for our Sharks, all of San Jose will be proud to #TurnUpTheTeal all the way to the Stanley Cup!