Valentine's Day in San Jose
By, Rachel Davis
Team San Jose
Flowers are blooming, chocolates taste sweeter, songs sound brighter, love is in the air... which means Valentine's Day is almost here! Whether you're looking for a Valentine, celebrating Single's Awareness Day, or want to spoil the one you have, we have exactly what you're looking for.
- Jazz it up this year with Winterfest! Nothing says “I love you” like swaying to the sweet crooning of local jazz artists in a darkly lit café. San Jose Jazz Winter Fest will give San Jose love birds an intimate concert series celebrating jazz, Latin, blues, R&B and more. The festival kicks off on Valentine’s Day!
- Looking for a romantic staycation with your valentine? Enjoy a getaway at Hotel Valencia with their exclusive Valentine's Day Rendezvous Package. The package includes a luxurious guest room, a bottle of sparkling wine and sweets (yum), two complimentary adult beverages at the Vbar and breakfast the morning after. Who knew staying home could be so much fun?
- Score a home run and get your Valentine the San Jose Giants Gigante Gram! Nothing will help spread the love this month like purchasing game day tickets and having them delivered by Gigante himself! The gram includes wine glasses, chocolates and a personalized card, the perfect way to show your sweetheart (and everyone they work with) how much you love them!
- Does your Valentine love golf (and you love food)? Then this is the perfect compromise. Cinnabar Hills Golf Club is offering a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner at their beautiful and secluded oasis. Nestled in the San Jose foothills, you can enjoy their stunning and specially crafted three-course prix-fixe menu prepared by award-winning Chef, Giovanni Velasco.
- Single and ready to mingle? Loft Bar and Bistro is hosting a pre-Valentine’s Day speed dating event. Come out for a night of casual fun, a promise of “no name tags”, and focus on meeting great people! It’s the day of love, and maybe you’ll find yours!
- Looking for a great Galentine’s Day with your best gal pals? What girl doesn’t love wine? Swing by one of San Jose’s great wineries and have a glass…or two...(or the whole bottle, we’re not judging.)
- Looking to celebrate a little early? Preferably with wine and chocolate? Well, you’re in luck! J. Lohr Winery is hosting a Wine and Chocolate Dating Game on February 11th. Enjoy a sweet, fun-filled night pairing J. Lohr wines with Cocotutti gourmet chocolates. It’s the perfect date night for you and your valentine…or the perfect time to take yourself on a date!
- If you enjoy pre-fixed menus, shopping, and strolling the glamorous streets of Santana Row, stop by for a variety of excellent restaurants and great deals for lovebirds on this busy week night (don’t forget a reservation!).
- For a romantic candlelight evening with your date, Mountain Winery is hosting a six-course dinner and wine pairing, along with a historical tour and live music. The view will be stunning…of your date and from the winery. What a night!
- Single and still not sure what you’re looking for? We’ll have you know that San Jose is ranked #2 in best places to find “marriage material” guys according to Trulia (sorry dudes). If that’s not quite what you’re looking for, check out their quiz to see the best place cupid’s arrow will find you.
So, have a happy Valentine’s Day in San Jose everyone, (and if my Valentine is reading this, feel free to take me to any place that involves wine and chocolate) much love to you all.