Sales and Marketing Analyst Intern
Sales and Marketing Intern (Unpaid/School Credit Internship)
Director, Business Development
· Available: Immediately
· Duration of Internship: One semester (2 to 3 months)
· Days and Hours: Flexible
· This is a part-time, unpaid internship for school credit
The Sales and Marketing intern will assist in the completion of data integrity and accuracy projects. The intern will learn about the data that drives successful business decisions and the data needs of the sales and marketing department, the measurements utilized by a destination in evaluating prospective business opportunities, and the motivations behind destination selection by the consumer.
Knowledge and Skills to gained:
· Clear understanding of data that drives a successful business decision
· Hands on experience with auditing, researching, and updating CRM data
*Research will be conducted utilizing industry and company databases
· Developing of comparison models for two different destination
· Performing competitive set research to develop comparison models of San Jose with other destinations
· Creating customer profiles to define target characteristics for leads and lead scoring
· Learning to navigate the Team San Jose EBMS database and the DMAI MINT database
· How the data drives sales and marketing strategy and successful business decisions.
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
· Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply processes
· Enthusiastic, dependable, positive team player
· Quantitative and analytical skills
· Naturally intuitive and curious about data
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office. Previous database experience preferred
Please email application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Sales and Marketing Intern” in the subject line of your email.
About Team San Jose
Since 2004, Team San Jose, a non-profit corporation, has managed the San Jose Convention Center and Cultural Facilities including the Civic, California Theatre, Center for the Performing Arts, Montgomery Theater, Parkside Hall, and South Hall. Team San Jose is a unique collaboration between the San Jose Convention & Visitors Bureau, local hotels, arts groups, and local labor—all working together to ensure the most effective way to make each event a success. Team San Jose offers a unique “One Stop Shopping” experience to customers for all of their event service needs.
Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer.