Nakamatsu, Beethoven & Pines of Rome
Returning favorite Jon Nakamatsu will play Beethoven under the direction of Argentine maestro Carlos Vieu.
The South American offering this time will be a colorful 1954 score by Inocente Carreño of Venezuela, who passed away in 2016 at the age of 96.
Two landmarks of musical impressionism will serve as bookends: Debussy’s delicate, dreamy Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun and Respighi’s dazzling Pines of Rome.
Conductor: Carlos Vieu
Featured: John Nakamatsu (piano)
- Claude Debussy: Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune (L. 86) (Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun)
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor, Op. 37
- Inocente José Carreño: Margariteña
- Ottorino Respighi: Pines of Rome
* Please confirm directly with the promoter or box office to ensure event details have not changed.
Fri-Sat: 8pm; Sun: 2:30pm