Event Listings are provided on www.SanJose.org to showcase San Jose and the surrounding region as a vibrant, desirable place to live, work, and visit. The site allows both residents and tourists a “one-stop” shop to find a wide variety of things to do to in the area.
DOES MY EVENT QUALIFY TO BE LISTED? Your event must be:
- Open to the public
- Have at least an Event Name, Date, Time and Location
- Tickets must be either on sale or link to a main url (if event is free)
- Have an image (510x510)
NOTE WE DO NOT POST: High school, grade school, and middle school programming/events, City and Community college events (note that University level does have coverage), political campaign events, most classes and workshops, or any illegal or potentially offensive content.
IS THERE A COST TO BE LISTED?: No.
Please note all events are posted at the discretion of TSJ Staff and any requests to be an exception will be reviewed on an individual basis. For additional information on event listings, please contact Kereli Sengstack (email@example.com).
Business Listings (Activities, Restaurants and Hotels) are provided on www.SanJose.org to showcase San Jose and the surrounding region as a vibrant, desirable place to live, work, and visit. The site allows both residents and tourists a “one-stop” shop to find a wide variety of activities and places to eat in the area, as well as hotels in San Jose proper.
THE LISTING MUST BE:
- Open to the public at the time of listing (no private, member-based listings or listings for places “coming soon”)
- Hotels must have short term (non-residential) rooms available for booking on an ongoing basis
- Hotels must be located in San Jose (collecting Transient Occupancy Tax for the City of San Jose)
- Have a website with complete information
- Have a compelling, 72 dpi resolution image (510x510)
NOTE WE DO NOT POST: Fast Food establishments, drugstores, most large chain restaurants or large chain coffee shops, private businesses (like law offices, dental offices etc.) private activities that require membership, or individual AirBnB’s. Listings are selected taking into account a variety of targeted factors.
IS THERE A COST TO BE LISTED?: No.
Please note all events are posted at the discretion of TSJ Staff and any requests to be an exception will be reviewed on an individual basis. For additional information on business listings, please contact Kereli Sengstack (firstname.lastname@example.org).
BECOMING A PARTNER HOTEL:
The Benefits that Partner Hotels, paying the annual per room fee, receive include:
- Inclusion in monthly distribution of confidential sales reports that tracks pace, lead room night opportunities, lost business, market segmentation and detailed lead information.
- Customized reporting is available to all hotels that participate in the Partner Hotel Program.
- An enhanced presence on the Plan Your Meeting page on sanjose.org including detailed hotel highlights and amenities.
- Property specific sales collateral, both in print and online, for use by the Team San Jose sales team on the road.
- National Sales Office support located in Washington DC.
- Eligibility to participate in organized sales calls, presentations and special events through the National Sales Office.
- First come first serve access to all Tradeshows & Events including direct access and immediate distribution of all leads and contacts received including customer profiles.
- iEBMS access allowing hotels to check real time Convention Center and theater venue availability.
- Invitation to participate in all sales shirtsleeves committees. (ie: Hotel Business Advisory Group)
- Complimentary presence on the 21 plasmas throughout the convention center.
- Inclusion in the distribution of a monthly 60-day calendar of San Jose events providing detailed convention information to merchants and restaurants.
- National outreach and representation through membership of associations that interface with meeting and event planners, i.e., Destination Marketing Association International, Professional Convention Management Association, Meeting Planners International, (Various Chapters), Association of Meeting Planners Society, CVB Reps, SF Travel, ASAE, CESSE, Green Meetings Industry Counsel, MIC, CEMA, Direct Selling Association, SGMP, IAEE, Silicon Valley Gay & Lesbian Chamber, Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce , Concierge Association, SVBTA, PRSA and SJSA.
- Inclusion in distribution of monthly TAP report, which is a city competitive analysis study for Trends, Analysis and Projections.
- Leads sent to one designated email/recipient per hotel.
- Preferred opportunity to participate in media, travel trade and other leisure focused familiarization tours.
- Preferred placement on B2C digital assets for San Jose including sanjose.org and U-trip.
- Promotional strategy and execution on leisure branding campaigns focused on domestic and international markets.
- DMAI accreditation that is recognized and serves as a visible industry distinction that defines quality and performance standards in destination marketing and management. Achieving DMAP accreditation positions a DMO as a valued and respected organization in your community and increases our credibility in the market.
To find out more about costs associated with becoming a Partner Hotel and additional benefits for hotels paying Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) and hotels qualified to participate in San Jose Hotels Inc., San Jose Hotel Business Improvement District (HBID), please contact Benjamin Roschke at email@example.com.