Catering Sales Manager
The Catering Sales Manager will contribute to generating new corporate and social catering business leads and servicing existing contracts. This individual is responsible for catering sales revenue production toward annual revenue goals for the San Jose McEnery Convention Facilities, and room nights for events using up to 100 peak room night blocks.
- Responsible for solicitation, sales, booking and contracting through strategic planning, development, and direct selling within target market.
- Meets financial goals by generating leads and converting them to sales with a concentration in the corporate, local and social markets.
- Performs inside and outside sales calls on new and existing clients.
- Use knowledge in industry and Food & Beverage to negotiate services and prices to maximize Food & Beverage revenue and profitability.
- Works with Food & Beverage team to develop catering menus.
- Solicits and responds to customer inquiries, customizes proposals and enters all appropriate information into EBMS.
- Follow up on leads referred by sales managers and up sells where possible
- Works with booking coordinator to issues contracts, follow up on general contractual details, payment and insurance issues.
- Performs site visits with clients and coordinates tastings with the F&B Culinary team.
- Attends and participates in weekly operations, sales and departmental related meetings.
- Facilitates and communicates catering function details to management and team.
- Drives own vehicle for company business as needed.
- Direct sales experience in hotel, conference center, catering sales and/or convention services with proven record of achievement of sales quotas.
- Previous experience with developing catering menus and meeting packages.
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible inside and outside sales experience in the special events and hospitality industry.
- At least 2 years catering sales experience and general knowledge of catering and food and beverage practices within the hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of profit margins specific to all aspects of business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of all Microsoft Office software.
- Effective problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communications skills with accountability for all activities and decisions made.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, positive team player.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to track multiple tasks and issues, set goals and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Drive own vehicle for company business as needed.
Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer.