Property Operations Manager
The Property Operations Manager is responsible for general Property Operations Project Management and Supervising the Engineering Department. The Property Operations Manager will report to the Director of Property Operations.
- Implement and oversee a property operation management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Conduct and document regular property and building inspections as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with State, local, county health and safety standards as well as industry codes.
- Oversee maintenance and repair of facilities tools and equipment. Including but not limited to forklift management and maintenance.
- Obtain quotes and proposals for routine R&M and Capital projects.
- Coordinate, schedule, monitor and follow up on activities with contract suppliers.
- Verify/ check completed work conducted by contractors and vendors
- Verify payment and invoicing match contract pricing, partner with finance to ensure timely payments and budgeting.
- Assist the Director of Property Operations with:
- planning and executing appropriate Engineering staffing levels and schedules.
- supervising Engineering team.
- preparing and tracking the operating budget.
- generating periodic reports and reviews of Operations-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures, and purchases.
- implement cost reduction initiatives.
- monitoring energy efficiency.
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures after hours and holidays.
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues reported from other TSJ Departments.
- Other duties and projects may be assigned by the Director of Property Operations as needed.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred – Life Sciences or Facilities Management
- 2-3 years of experience in property/ building operations strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in the property management and/or contracting industry in an administrative support position preferred.
- Extensive computer knowledge: administrative support experience preferred (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Hotsauce program)
- Demonstrates effective written/ verbal communication skills
- Able to utilize applications on handheld devices
- Internet – Provide detailed data searches and online applications
- Attention to detail and ability to organize data. Demonstrated experience with producing and editing work product documents with accuracy.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask between several projects delegated by multiple parties.
- Demonstrated experience as a team player and was able to achieve assigned performance goals.
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, positive team player.
- Self-starter; professional demeanor.
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop kneel crouch or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
- As the employee maintains and orders supplies the employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder height to access storage cabinets and mail cubicles.
Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer.