The Cashier tallies and turns in daily receipts, and is responsible for a bank and handles cash, and provides exceptional customer service to clients. This is an on-call union position, and all individuals in this role are represented by UNITE HERE! Local 19.
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner. Answer and engage in customer service orientated conversations related to, but not exclusively, products/menus, events and facilities. Respond appropriately to customer complaints.
- Demonstrates knowledge of products/menus and be able to answer specific questions including describing the products/menus.
- Promote and up-sell products/menus to increase sales revenue.
- Inputs orders into a register at point of sale and create a receipt for a cash or credit card transaction. Follow current voucher processes.
- Verifies validity of charges, receives payment from guests (cash, credit card, voucher), and when cash is tendered, refund back any change.
- Maintain register and register area clean.
- Follow current pickup/drop off process for cash and cash handling policies
- Work with vault staff to ensure minimal exposure of cash through cash pick-ups.
- Participate in random cash audits & attend mandatory meetings.
- Able to speak, read and write in the English language effectively.
- One (1) year experience in customer service or handling cash.
- Scheduling flexibility is essential, willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Successful completion RBS training and valid California Food Handler certification.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage handling.
- Ability to pass customer service examinations.
- Experience with working in a customer service oriented environment and handling cash and point of sale systems.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Good oral and written skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to work standing and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and repetitive tasks.
Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer.