National Sales Manager
The National Sales Manager will be responsible for booking self-contained and citywide groups through strategic planning, development, and direct selling within the target market.
- Responsible for sales, booking and contracting for specified target markets through strategic planning, development, and direct selling within target market.
- Responsible for the room night production of sales territories within target market.
- Review action plans and Personal Performance Objectives (PPOs) with the Director of Sales on a quarterly basis.
- Review tradeshow & events calendar to ensure market penetration.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Attend and participate in annual sales training.
- Serve as a City Ambassador at all required functions attended locally, regionally and nationally.
- Update, audit, and manage accounts as necessary within EBMS.
- Documentation of all activities in EBMS system with understanding of monthly standards for calls, entertainments, and outside activities.
- Coordinate and conduct site inspections as necessary.
- Work with other sales managers as needed to assist with booking smaller groups.
- Meet as required with Director of Sales to review goals and provide update on activities.
- Maintain cooperative, positive relationship with Hotels.
- Meet quarterly with hotel counterparts and provide updates on groups and sales activities.
- Attend industry meetings, conventions, and trade shows as necessary.
- Participate in all internal meetings (in person or via teleconference if telecommuting).
- Understand and facilitate bookings for San Jose Hotels in EBMS system with proper training.
- Manage production of annual room nights as determined for position and tracked on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Drive own vehicle for business purposes as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in Silicon Valley, preferably with a DMO. Emphasis on selling large hotel, convention center complex, CVB /City wide sales, or a combination of skills
- In-depth knowledge/awareness of the local corporate and other pertinent convention business primarily from Silicon Valley /California and key western states.
- College degree preferred.
- CMP and/or other industry designations preferred.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, positive team player.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with accountability for all activities and decisions made.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve and take the initiative.
- Travel sometimes required.
- Professional demeanor.
Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer.