An American in Paris - Postponed
Note from CMTsj (5/18/20): “The summer production of An American in Paris has been postponed. We hope to premiere this title in Summer 2021 with CMT Mainstage.”
A CMT Mainstage* premiere, An American in Paris is breathtakingly beautiful! This 2015 Tony Award-winning Broadway musical, inspired by the Oscar-winning film, tells the impassioned story of discovering love in the “City of Light.”
Jerry Mulligan is an American GI striving to make it as a painter in a city suddenly bursting with hope and possibility. Following a chance encounter with a beautiful young dancer named Lise, the streets of Paris become the backdrop to a sensuous, modern romance of art, friendship and love in the aftermath of war.
This show features gorgeous music and lyrics of George and Ira Gershwin (including classics like “‘S Wonderful” and “I Got Rhythm”), stunning designs and show-stopping choreography.
*This CMT Mainstage production features a cast of talented performers, ages 14-20.
- Friday, July 24, 2019 @ 7pm
- Saturday, July 25, 2019 @ 2pm, 7pm
- Sunday, July 26, 2019 @ 1pm, 6pm
- Thursday, July 30, 2019 @ 7pm
- Friday, July 31, 2019 @ 7pm
- Saturday, August 1, 2019 @ 2pm, 7pm
- Sunday, August 2, 2019 @ 1pm
* Please confirm directly with the promoter or box office to ensure event details have not changed.