The San Jose Speaker Series is a subscription-based series of seven powerful evenings, live and in person, up-close and personal, with luminaries of our time. The Series is taking place at the San Jose Civic in the heart of downtown San Jose, consisting of seven evenings running November 21st, 2019 through April 9th, 2020.
Each speaker event is 90 minutes in length, running from 7:30pm-9pm, and includes 45-55 minutes of prepared remarks by the speaker followed by 30-35 minutes of moderated Q&A driven in part by written questions from the audience.
The inaugural season of the San Jose Speaker Series has been carefully crafted to deliver a range of inspiring speakers — world leaders, innovators and scientists, pioneering explorers, humanitarians, and renowned broadcast journalists in an open, unbiased forum where exciting concepts are presented and a broad scope of issues are explored for the intellectual enrichment of the community.
Subscribers will come away from each speaker event with a greater awareness and broader understanding of new — and sometimes controversial — ideas. The unique format of the Series fosters an intimate, living room-like experience that is “old school” and brings humanism back into the discussion.
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Thursday, November 21st, 2019
- Madeleine K. Albright: Thursday, December 5th, 2019
- Captain Scott Kelly: Thursday, January 16th, 2020
- Donna Brazile & Michael Steele: Thursday, February 6th, 2020
- Bill Nye: Wednesday, February 12th, 2020
- Paul Nicklen: Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020
- James Comey: Thursday, April 9th, 2020
The San Jose Speaker Series is sold as a subscription to the full season of seven evenings, running November of 2019 through April of 2020 at the San Jose Civic. All subscribers own their reserved seat(s) for the season and have first right of renewal on their seat(s) for the subsequent season. Tickets to individual evenings are not available.
* Please confirm directly with the promoter or box office to ensure event details have not changed.