POSITION SUMMARY: The Box Office Manager assists the Director of Ticket Operations in overseeing ticket operations at the box office and at the theater during an event, and resolves customer service issues that arise prior to or during a performance.
• Provide exceptional customer service to patrons. Reply to daily customer service emails and queries, resolves customer service issues that arise prior to or during the performance, and follow through and resolve special customer issues, i.e. dissatisfied patrons, disputed credit card charges, etc.
• Lead in overseeing day-to-day box office operations.
• Process and fulfill box office transactions by phone and in person, including seat renewals, sales, comps, promotions, change orders, refunds and will call.
• Lead in creating price sheets and seating charts for specific events.
• Lead in completing daily credit card settlements, weekly sales updates, and final sales reports.
• Assist in back-office ticket programming, i.e. readying pre-sales and building promotional codes.
• Prepare cash tills at the start of shift and reconciles cash settlements at the end of the shift
• Oversee ticket operations during the event, assign tasks to ticketing staff at the shows and ensure staff completes assigned tasks according to set expectations.
• Provide usher staff and theater team information pertinent to the event such as expected attendance, special-needs patrons, etc.
• Print will call for both single tickets (using ticketing system) and BSJ subscribers (on Archtics).
• Address customer issues at events and coordinate with event organizers to make sure ticketing for the event is handled effectively.
• Assists with consignment tickets from the ticketing system for events and collects payment from clients on ticket consignment orders.
• Lead in training new ticket service representatives.
• Complete special tasks as assigned by the Ticketing Manager, such as processing complimentary or promotional ticket orders
• Complete all regular ticket seller responsibilities including:
o Operate the computerized ticketing system in order to complete sales transactions at each event or performance.
o Process both cash and credit card payments, and make correct change and reconcile sales at the end of each shift.
o Effectively and politely communicate with patrons, explain box office policies, and provide general seating information and assistance to our client base.
o Provide general information and assistance regarding the downtown theaters to callers and guests of the convention center
• Associate’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of comprehensive ticketing and patron service experience in the entertainment/sports industry – knowledge of TicketMaster Host & Archtics strongly preferred
• 3 years supervisory & multi-theater operations experience preferred
• Expertise in electronic ticketing practices and software applications including email, phone, website, mobile device and walk-up sales; mail, will-call, print-at-home and electronic fulfillment; advance seat renewals/upgrades, public on-sale, group sales, ADA sales, promotional sales, and special sales.
• Proficiency using office equipment (computers, Microsoft Office, copier/fax/scan, and phone systems).
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, able to handily resolve staff issues and escalate
• Ability to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate effective critical thinking and decision making
• Attention to detail, positive attitude and excellent cash handling skills.
• Flexibility in schedule and ability to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings).
• Ideal candidates are friendly, articulate, and attentive to details.
• Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry eager to become part of a progressive performance-oriented team, please begin the application process here. Please note you will need to create an account to complete the application process.