Food & Beverage (On-Call)
The Concessions Supervisor is responsible for successful operation of a reasonable amount of assigned stands/areas by completing tasks such as setup, customer service, assisting staff, providing training, direct supervision, all stand related paperwork, ensure proper cash handling and any other duties as assigned.
This is an on-call union position, and all individuals in this role are represented by UNITE HERE! Local 19.
- Direct and participate in menu item preparation and set up of stand.
- Count all products individually before, during and after shift and completes
- Oversee cash handling practices and techniques of Stand workers to ensure that company policies are followed.
- Direct work efforts of clean-up of stand.
- Inventory control, cash control, payroll control and all other administration.
- Ensure patron’s food and beverage order is served quickly, properly and courteously.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of stand paperwork including
- Administrative ordering and paperwork.
- Drive company vehicle for business purposes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Able to speak, read and write in the English language effectively.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience supervising a retail concessions outlet.
- Scheduling flexibility is essential, must be able to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid California Driver’s License with no restrictions.
- Must have a valid California Food Handler Certification.
- Ability to direct the work of others, learn quickly, work as part of a team and build relationships.
- Have basic mathematical skills that are necessary to calculate POS and cash transactions such as issuing/receiving change & payment, processing transactions, counting cash banks/drops and any tasks that require the use of math calculations.
- Ability to lift/carry items using proper lifting/carrying procedures up to 50 lbs
- Attend mandatory meetings and complete other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Comply with company & departmental procedures, expectations, goals and standards.
- Consistently providing friendly and pleasant customer service by being courteous, professional, and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.