Food & Beverage (Part-Time On-Call)
The Cook will perform any cooking, baking, butchering required and performs any and all duties in the kitchen.
- Prepares and maintains all hot and cold foods per work order details, quality standards and department guidelines using production sheets as a guide.
- Stores all food at proper temperature in refrigerated boxes and dry storage including covers, labels and dates, using proper food hierarchy, FIFO method, and containers to protect against waste, spoilage, and cross-contamination.
- Properly uses, cools, stores, reheats and maintains proper storage of leftovers.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of kitchen area and tools of the trade per department and ECO-SURE standards.
- Reading and comprehending work orders and production sheets.
- Knowledge of cooking methods including broil, sauté, grill, making soups and sauces and general food prep, proper knife handling, maintaining proper temperature, sanitation, light dessert knowledge required for plating specifications.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and fundamentals of cooking.
- Must have basic knowledge of ECO-SURE sanitation standards.
- Must have knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, writes, and understands English.
- Ability to use manual dexterity of hands to move (rotate) goods weighing a maximum of 50 lbs. on a continuous schedule and to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tong, slicers, etc.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment.
- Flexibility with schedules and the ability to work all shifts.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for long periods of time and perform repetitive tasks.