Food & Beverage (Part-Time On-Call)
A Barista works at the Peet’s Coffee, prepares beverages, serves food, and processes point of sale transactions all while providing excellent customer service on a consistent basis.
SALARY : $18.00 per hour (First 30 shifts pays $1.00/hr less)
- Consistently provide friendly and pleasant customer service by being courteous, professional, and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Brew and prepare quality beverages to all the customers. Beverages must be prepared according to Peet’s Coffee standards.
- Learn and know the function of brewing equipment and inform supervisor of any deficiencies or equipment malfunctions.
- Utilize the proper use of Point of Sale (POS) systems, transaction processing, cash handling and maintain knowledge of menu items/prices by confirming prices on menu boards and POS system.
- Be able to give and take direction as necessary from supervisors/management.
- Must adhere to Board of Health, OSHA regulations, and all State & Federal liquor regulations.
- Take responsibility of necessary set ups (stock and display product) and take downs (clean up after event, inventory counts).
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up and clean up of the coffee area on a daily basis. This includes placement of milk, cups, straws, etc, requisitioning and stocking of all coffee, utensils , paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet. Lifts, pushes and pulls up to 50lbs for up to 120ft.
- Ensures that all food service equipment is cleaned, sterilized.
- Have at least 6 months experience working in a Retail Food & Beverage Operation.
- Have California Food Handler Certification.
- Scheduling flexibility is essential, willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have basic mathematical skills that are necessary to calculate POS and cash transactions such as issuing/receiving change & payment, processing transactions, counting cash banks/drops and any tasks that require the use of math calculations.
- Able to lift/carry items using proper lifting/carrying/ pushing procedures up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation and/or moving about a work area and between associated areas/buildings.