Food & Beverage (Part-Time On-Call)
A Barista works at the Peet’s Coffee, prepares beverages, serves food, and processes point of sale transactions all while providing excellent customer service on a consistent basis.
SALARY : $17.00 per hour (First 30 shifts pays $1.00/hr less)
- Consistently provide friendly and pleasant customer service by being courteous, professional, and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Brew and prepare quality beverages to all the customers. Beverages must be prepared according to Peet’s Coffee standards.
- Learn and know the function of brewing equipment and inform supervisor of any deficiencies or equipment malfunctions.
- Utilize the proper use of Point of Sale (POS) systems, transaction processing, cash handling and maintain knowledge of menu items/prices by confirming prices on menu boards and POS system.
- Be able to give and take direction as necessary from supervisors/management.
- Must adhere to Board of Health, OSHA regulations, and all State & Federal liquor regulations.
- Take responsibility of necessary set ups (stock and display product) and take downs (clean up after event, inventory counts).
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up and clean up of the coffee area on a daily basis. This includes placement of milk, cups, straws, etc, requisitioning and stocking of all coffee, utensils , paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet. Lifts, pushes and pulls up to 50lbs for up to 120ft.
- Ensures that all food service equipment is cleaned, sterilized.
- Have at least 6 months experience working in a Retail Food & Beverage Operation.
- Have California Food Handler Certification.
- Scheduling flexibility is essential, willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have basic mathematical skills that are necessary to calculate POS and cash transactions such as issuing/receiving change & payment, processing transactions, counting cash banks/drops and any tasks that require the use of math calculations.
- Able to lift/carry items using proper lifting/carrying/ pushing procedures up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation and/or moving about a work area and between associated areas/buildings.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Drop In: Complete an application at the Human Resources Offices located at 408 Almaden Blvd San Jose, CA 95110 (inside the San Jose McEnery Convention Center next to Marriott Hotel)
- Email: Send resumes to email@example.com. Please include “Barista” in the subject line.
ABOUT TEAM SAN JOSE
Launched in 2004, Team San Jose is a non-profit management corporation that operates the San Jose McEnery Convention Center and cultural venues California Theatre, Center for the Performing Arts, City National Civic, Montgomery Theater, Parkside Hall, and South Hall, and serves as the Convention and Visitors Bureau for San Jose. Team San Jose is a strategic partner supporting the success of local events, and drives travel to our community through sales, marketing and public relations efforts.
Team San Jose ensures the success of meetings and events with its unique collaboration between the local hotels, arts groups, and local labor – all working to effectively manage the quality of the customers’ experience from beginning to end. Team San Jose’s model is changing the way our meetings and conventions industry serves customers - putting them first with one team for all their event services needs - rather than handing them off to multiple organizations after the meeting is booked.
Team San Jose’s success has supported the local economy by attracting events and visitors which drive spending in local hotels, cultural and convention venues, restaurants and attractions, which in turn helps create jobs. The organization’s seamless service has received raves from planners, with 98 percent of our customers returning to San Jose.