Food & Beverage (Part-Time On-Call)
A Cook Helper assists the Chef or Cook accordingly and must work under supervision. This is an on-call union position, and all individuals in this role are represented by UNITE HERE! Local 19.
SALARY: $18 per hour (Employees makes $-1 for the first 30 working days)
- Prepares all the prep work for hot and cold areas.
- Responsible to supply assigned work station with all needed products and culinary equipment for prompt production.
- Stores all food in refrigerated boxes including covers, labels and dates, using the proper containers to protect against waste and spoilage.
- Maintain kitchen area and tools of the trade clean and organize according to department and ECO-SURE standards.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Able to speak, read and write in the English language effectively.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months experience in food preparation and fundamentals of cooking.
- Scheduling flexibility is essential, willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- MUST have a valid California Food Handler Card.
- Must have basic knowledge of ECO-SURE sanitation standards.
- Must have knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, and portion sizes.
- Ability to use manual dexterity of hands to move (rotate) goods weighing a maximum of 50 lbs. on a continuous schedule and use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tong, slicers, etc.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for long periods of time and perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift/carry items using proper lifting/carrying procedures up to 80lbs., move heavy items and stand long periods of time.