Food & Beverage (Part-Time)
The Cook Supervisor is responsible for all kitchen or cooking operation in the absence of the Executive Chef or Sous Chef. Will perform any cooking, baking, butchering required and performs any and all duties in the kitchen.
This is an on-call union position, and all individuals in this role are represented by UNITE HERE! Local 19.
SALARY $23.44 (first 30 shifts pays $1.00/hr less)
- Perform all duties of kitchen including cook, bake, and butcher hot and cold food. Direct, train and supervise culinary employees to ensure various styles of food are produced according to work orders and production sheets.
- Ensure all work orders are completed according to schedule using the posted contracts prep list as a guideline and by delegating workload to culinary staff effectively.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all work areas (including but not limited to refrigerators, counters, tables, storage areas) in accordance to Board of Health, ECO-and OSHA regulations
- Ensure food quality by rotating and storing products appropriately and production of food is consistentDetermine, order, and inform management of merchandise orders.
- Inform management/supervisor of any merchandise shortages or equipment malfunctions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Able to speak, read and write in the English language effectively.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in a commercial kitchen in a lead or management role.
- Scheduling flexibility is essential, willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Have a valid California Food Handler certification.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Able to work in an environment having both hot and cold temperature extremes.
- Attend mandatory meetings and complete other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to ECO Sure, health and safety standards.
- Comply with company & departmental procedures, expectations, goals and standards.
- Consistently providing friendly and pleasant customer service by being courteous, professional, and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Lifting/Carrying: Ability to lift/carry items using proper lifting/carrying procedures up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move heavy (200+ pound) wheeled carts.
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry who is eager to become part of a progressive performance oriented team, please submit resume to: jobs@san jose.org. Please include “Cook Supervisor” in the subject line of your email. Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer.
Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer. Team San Jose does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. Applicants with criminal histories will be considered in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.