Senior Manager Food & Beverage
Food & Beverage (Full-Time)
The Sr Food and Beverage Manager is a leader, hands on and proactive. This role includes supervising the development and production of all elements of our expanding service operations for catered and retail events. The Sr Food and Beverage Manager ensures that all Banquet and Concessions Supervisor/Captains are performing their duties as prescribed by the quality standards established by the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Responsible to achieve budgeted, front and back-of-the-house labor and cost of merchandise percentages.
- Plan and direct all service functions for banquet & receptions, concessions and Food and Beverage departmen May include oversight of off-site functions.
- Maintains and consistently improves quality control service standards to achieve “best in class” status among the nation’s convention centers.
- Approves staff to guest ratios for all dining function
- Approves points of sale and schedules for Food and Beverage departments.
- Develops, documents, and implements training programs for all service Food and Beverage personnel.
- Works closely with the culinary department to execute flawless events.
- Verifies that portion sizes, service standards, and speed of service are maintained for the
- Food and Beverage departments.
- Ensures compliance for the safe and legal service of alcoholic beverages. Maintains compliance with HSM volume purchasing program.
- Maintains proper inventory levels at working condition of all equipment and supplies.
- Prepares and manages short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on organizational goals and growth objectives.
- Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures.
- Implement effective controls for Food and Beverage, labor and equipment. Complies with EBMS and labor control systems.
- Develops and promotes effective relationships with all internal and external customers and clients of Team San Jose.
- Identifies employee development needs and succession plans; ensures training and coaching is provided as needed.
- Works with Safety Manager to implement employee safety trainings and other to minimize work related accidents.
- Works with Human Resources to attract, retain and develop top talent
- Works with Human Resources in all aspects related to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Exceeds organizational expectations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Works effectively with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional management capabilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver good resu
- Fluency with productivity software such as MS Word, and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of human resource policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge and skills of the fundamentals of American, French, Russian, sweep and synchronized banquet service.
- Advanced knowledge of wines, distilled spirits, malted beverages and service skills for high quality beverage service, modern buffet and reception set up, flow management, replenishment techniques and aesthetically pleasing present
- Depth and breadth of knowledge of basic foodservice accounting principles.
- Knowledge of industry standard cost control procedures.
- Experience managing personnel governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreements and the ability to achieve organizational results following the terms of the CBA.
- Hold all team members accountable to follow Team San Jose’s uniform and appearance policies.
- Able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the convention center.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY :
- The ability to mentor food and beverage managers.
- The ability to perform essential functions in confined area.
- The ability to grasp, lift and carry 50lbs
- The ability to lift, stand, stoop and reach in order to perform essential duties.
- Ability to perform duties complete in a stressful environment.
- English/Spanish bi-lingual preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in foodservice/hospitality management preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years in a food & beverage leadership position within the hospitality industry.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Certification in safe alcohol service or TIPS.
- Certification in food safety and sanitation.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Drop In: Complete an application at the Human Resources Offices located at 408 Almaden Blvd San Jose, CA 95110 (inside the San Jose McEnery Convention Center next to Hilton Hotel)
- Email: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Sr Food and Beverage Manager” in the subject line.