Food & Beverage (Part-Time On-Call)
POSITION SUMMARY: Stewards/Dishwashers work in the dish room, scrubs pots and pans, mops floors and performs other utility duties, such as setting up floor mats for functions in the Banquet Department.
This is an on-call union position, and all individuals in this role are represented by UNITE HERE! Local 19.
SALARY : $18 per hour (First 30 shifts pays $1.00/hr less)
- Wash pots, dishes, silverware and other utensils used in the kitchen in a commercial dishwasher or by hand.
- Mop, sweep and sanitize areas in the kitchen, dining room and other back-of-the-house areas.
- Ensure that all china, glass and silver is clean and properly and returned to correct location for safe storage
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dish stations, kitchen and areas as assigned.
- Conduct accurate inventory of china, glass and silver.
- Removes and empties garbage and recycling receptacles into dumpster or proper recycling / composting bins.
- Assist Banquet Servers in breakdown of all banquets to include set up of glass racks.
- Assembly of conveyor belt foods during high production periods assist in counting and labeling then transporting labeled food carts to B.O.H. dish out areas in a timely manner
- Breakdown stations and transport of table wears to dish washing area in organized manner ensuring minimal breakage
- Housekeeping on all equipment and facilities rolling stock, ware washing and cooking barricade as well as hand washing station, rest rooms , floor drains, hood, vents, fryers and others equipment / areas as seen necessary by management during high production periods.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Able to speak, read and write in the English language effectively. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must have six (6) months experience as a Dishwasher.
- Scheduling flexibility is essential, willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of chemicals, their interaction, and use.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand and conduct inventories.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment and perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to do work standing up and walking for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds in weight (trays, refuse receptacle) and ability to move heavy (200+ pound) wheeled carts
HOW TO APPLY:
- Drop In: Complete an application at the Human Resources Offices located at 408 Almaden Blvd San Jose, CA 95110 (inside the San Jose McEnery Convention Center next to Marriott Hotel)
- Email: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Dishwasher” in the subject line.