Train, assigns, and directs tasks to Facilities Houseperson and Facilities Attendants. Leads and performs set-up and arrange chairs, tables, platforms, furniture and equipment for events according to diagram and oral instructions. Drive various powered industrial trucks such as electric carts, forklifts, and utilizes pallet jacks to mobilize equipment. Provide customer support and service to internal and external clients. Read and interpret event orders and diagrams for event set-up. Communicate in writing and orally with leads and managers. Performs related work as required.
This is an on-call union position, and all individuals in this role are represented by UNITE HERE! Local 19.
• Leads and performs set-up of chairs, tables, and furniture/equipment for banquets and events according to charts, plans, and oral instructions.
• Reviews work of Facility Houseperson and Facilities Attendant.
• Assigns and directs specific tasks to individual and crews of Facilities Houseperson and Facilities Attendant.
• Communicates with other leads and managers regarding set up concerns and staffing via email and other methods of communication.
• Interacts with clients, Event Managers, and Food & Beverage to ensure set-up and services of events.
• Trains Facilities Houseperson and Facilities Attendants.
• Operate/drives powered industrial truck including Cushman
• Adjust staffing needs based on business demands
• Reads BEOs and auto cad diagrams to set-up rooms.
• Provides customer support to clients.
• Completes purchasing requisitions.
• Drive company vehicles for business purpose.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Able to speak, read and write in the English language effectively.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience with room set-up and customer support in a Convention Center and/or Hotel.
• Scheduling flexibility is essential, willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must have a valid California Driver’s License with no restrictions.
• Able to lift items up to 80 lbs in weight
• Able to execute setups according to charts, diagrams, and written specifications.
• Knowledge of safety rules, practices, and precautions associated with setup and facilities duties.
• Experience working with power tools, as well as a variety of motorized equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts.
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry eager to become part of a progressive performance-oriented team, please begin the application process here. Please note you will need to create an account to complete the application process.