Lead Generating Specialist
Sales & Destination Services (Full-Time)
The Lead Generating Specialist is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads in assigned market. The role requires a confident, driven, self-starter who has good interpersonal skills, and is comfortable with cold calling and developing new business opportunities.
- Reports to Associate Director of Sales & Destination Services.
- Responsible for driving new sales opportunities for specified target markets through strategic planning, development, and direct selling within target market.
- Strategically target new clients through market research, cold call, email, LinkedIn, Knowland, Cvent, and EBMS.
- Follow-up with potential clients who have responded to campaigns, in market events, tradeshows, referrals, and data lists.
- Responsible for data entry and the integrity of the lead and customer data.
- Update, audit, and manage accounts as necessary within EBMS.
- Generate quality leads and ensure key details are passed to the appropriate Sales Manager.
- Maintain cooperative, positive relationship with hotel partners.
- Foster relationships with Brand National/Global Selling team.
- Foster relationships with comp set CVB/DMO for cross selling/marketing opportunities
- Coordinate and conduct site inspections as necessary.
- Documentation of all activities in EBMS system with understanding of monthly standards for calls, entertainments, and outside activities.
- Participate in all internal meetings.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ hotel/ CVB business development/ sales experience.
- Strong working knowledge of 3rd parties
- Strong working knowledge of CVB/DMO strategic selling strategies
- University/ College Degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, positive team player
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and take initiative.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, and verbal communications skills with accountability for all activities and decisions made.
- Professional demeanor.