The Graphic Designer reports to the Director of Communications and is responsible for executing the creative and design strategies established to meet Team San Jose’s sales and marketing goals. The Graphic Designer is expected to maintain the highest level of quality, efficiency, consistency, and innovation all digital and print needs. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, presentation and technical skills and strong grasp of current trends and best practices.
• Provide design concepts and solutions to meet communication goals
• Create, execute, and ensure correct final presentation of files for marketing and sales needs, including advertisements, collateral, stationary, website and social media graphics
• Design and creative support for other lines of business under the Team San Jose family of brands (Visit San Jose, San Jose Theaters, San Jose McEnery Convention Center)
• Ensure that Team San Jose selects the best and most efficient methods of production in printers and related vendors
• Art direct the look and feel of brand products, including photography, illustration and motion graphics to showcase Team San Jose and San Jose as a destination
• Manage the Design folder archive with industry best practices and solutions for easy retrieval and maximum collaboration for the Marketing department and other Team San Jose departments as needed
• Perform research as needed of competition and market trends to keep Visit San Jose’s branding current and relevant
• Collaborate with Creative Services and Social Media to create visually on-brand and on-trend graphics and motion graphics
• 3-5 years of graphic design experience
• BA/BS/BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent
• Experience in design and production of consumer-focused marketing
• Exhibit a passion and expertise for visual design principles with strong typographical skills for both cross-platform media
• Experience in multimedia, advertising, publishing, broadcast, film or television a plus
• Possess strong production skills and workflow processes, independently and collaboratively
• Must have high level of proficiency with print and online production skills with Mac OS and Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects)
• Must have working knowledge of MS Word, Power Point and Excel
• Have a strong hold of the English language in usage and grammar for proofreading and simple copywriting applications
• Ability to turn new ideas into practical solutions and influence others into thinking creatively
• Ability to work under pressure and be organized with excellent time/project management skills to efficiently juggles multiple deadlines
• Must be flexible and willing to maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional teams and suppliers to meet objectives
• Must be a self starter with a strong work ethic, motivation to learn, and a willingness to go the extra mile
Online portfolio and a list of projects management experience with engaging designs are required for consideration.
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry eager to become part of a progressive performance-oriented team, please begin the application process here. Please note you will need to create an account to complete the application process.