POSITION SUMMARY: The National Sales Manager will be responsible for sales and booking for the Sports & SMERF market segment through strategic planning, development, and direct selling within the target market.
• Responsible for sales and booking for specified target markets through strategic planning, development, and direct selling within target market.
• Responsible for the room night production of sales territories within target market.
• Review action plans and Personal Performance Objectives (PPOs) with the Director of Sales on a quarterly basis.
• Review tradeshow & events calendar to ensure market penetration.
• Participate in annual budgeting process.
• Attend and participate in annual sales training.
• Serve as a City Ambassador at all required functions attended locally, regionally and nationally.
• Update, audit, and manage accounts as necessary within EBMS.
• Documentation of all activities in EBMS system with understanding of monthly standards for calls, entertainments, and outside activities.
• Coordinate and conduct site inspections as necessary.
• Work with other sales managers as needed to assist with booking smaller groups.
• Meet weekly with Director of Sales to review goals and provide update on activities.
• Maintain cooperative, positive relationship with Hotels.
• Meet quarterly with hotel counterparts and provide updates on groups and sales activities.
• Attend industry meetings, conventions, and trade shows as necessary.
• Participate in all internal meetings (via teleconference if telecommuting).
• Understand and facilitate bookings for San Jose Hotels in EBMS system with proper training.
• Manage production of annual room nights as determined for position and tracked on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Drive own vehicle for company business as needed.
• Minimum of 5 years experience within sales and marketing of hospitality industry.
• Baseline knowledge/awareness of the Sports & SMERF events and convention business.
• College degree preferred.
• Enthusiastic, dependable, positive team player.
• Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communications skills with accountability for all activities and decisions made.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with close attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, problem-solve and take the initiative.
• Travel required.
• Professional demeanor.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry eager to become part of a progressive performance-oriented team, please begin the application process here. Please note you will need to create an account to complete the application process.