National Accounts Manager
The National Accounts Manager will be responsible for booking Association & Corporate Accounts (Washington, DC, Maryland, Virginia and SE US) with 300 room nights or more on peak night through strategic planning, development, and direct selling within the target market. The position will be based in San Jose, CA.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manages the convention sales activity for the given territories and/or market with direct accountability for room night production within the San Jose Hotel Market focusing on citywide business.
- Responsible and direct accountability for room night and revenue production for annual revenue goals for the San Jose McEnery Convention Facilities
- Manages the overall revenue production for business at the Convention and Cultural Facilities within the given market.
- Develops and maintains a close working relationship with NSO’s for all major hotel chains represented in San Jose
- Serves as a City Ambassador at all required functions attended locally, regionally and nationally.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Requires prospecting, strategic planning, qualification, development, direct selling, booking and managing specific territories within targeted markets focusing on TSJ managed facilities and hotels within the City of San Jose.
- Attends assigned and appropriate industry meetings, conventions and trade shows
- Vigorous outside sales call schedule, travel, and rapport building to foster key client relationships
- Consistent and timely follow-up to all assigned tasks, projects, and duties
- Participation in all internal sales meetings
- Timely and accurate documentation of all activities in EBMS system with understanding of and achievement of monthly standards for calls, entertainments, and outside activities
- Understanding and facilitation of bookings for Convention Center in EBMS system with proper training
- Meet or exceed annual room night annual and revenue goals goal as determined for position and tracked on monthly, quarterly and annual basis for the Convention and Cultural Facilities
- Facilitation of city-wide bids and closing of business for the city with majority of emphasis on Convention Center bookings
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communications skills with accountability for all activities and decisions as well as strong organizational and time management skills with close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve and take the initiative
- Up to 25% travel required
- Must be able to work from the Team San Jose Office in San Jose, CA
Required education and experience:
- Minimum of five years of sales experience within the National Association/DC market place in convention and visitor bureaus, hotels or convention center with a demonstrated record of sales/marketing experience
- Substantial knowledge/awareness of the association/corporate marketplace/ convention business
- Experience in recognized convention industry meetings/trade shows
- College degree or equivalent
ABOUT TEAM SAN JOSE
Launched in 2004, Team San Jose is a non-profit management corporation that operates the San Jose McEnery Convention Center and cultural venues California Theatre, Center for the Performing Arts, City National Civic, Montgomery Theater, and South Hall, and serves as the Convention and Visitors Bureau for San Jose. Team San Jose is a strategic partner supporting the success of local events, and drives travel to our community through sales, marketing and public relations efforts.
Team San Jose ensures the success of meetings and events with its unique collaboration between the local hotels, arts groups, and local labor – all working to effectively manage the quality of the customers’ experience from beginning to end. Team San Jose’s model is changing the way our meetings and conventions industry serves customers - putting them first with one team for all their event services needs - rather than handing them off to multiple organizations after the meeting is booked.
Team San Jose’s success has supported the local economy by attracting events and visitors which drive spending in local hotels, cultural and convention venues, restaurants and attractions, which in turn helps create jobs. The organization’s seamless service has received raves from planners, with 98 percent of our customers returning to San Jose.
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry who is eager to become part of a progressive performance oriented team, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “National Accounts Manager” in the subject line of your email. For more information about Team San Jose, please visit our website at: www.sanjose.org. Team San Jose is an equal opportunity employer.