POSITION SUMMARY: The Scheduling Manager is responsible for evaluating labor requirements and assisting in labor scheduling of employees. This role is also responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date data in the system and providing staffing solutions for the best possible business results.
• Coordinates and communicates with all departments to ensure that labor needs for center and theaters managed by Team San Jose are utilized effectively and efficiently.
• Troubleshoots exceptions that occur during the labor scheduling process. Stays informed of all variables affecting labor schedule including but not limited to call-ins, last minute adds and other special case scenarios.
• Partner with the appropriate parties to manage departmental employees’ seniority lists (add, delete, and drop employees’ names) to ensure it is accurate while adhering to the union contract.
• Organizes weekly meetings with scheduling team and food and beverage managers on labor schedules and communicates any challenges the managers and identifies training needs to meet the best possible scheduling results.
• Maintains employee profile (primary jobs job transfer sets availability patterns shift) and skill matrix data in Kronos system with the help of regular communication with supervisors.
• Communicates with temp agencies and HR to maintain temp employee data. Works with temp agencies to ensure qualified and trained employees are sent when requested.
• Analyzes and reports exceptions within scheduling to CFO. Develops and maintains labor forecast and labor standards and assigns resources to meet business volumes.
• Partner with HR to communicate the pick up list program to employees and send appropriate notifications to Payroll and HR.
• Maintains annual vacation, sick tracker and call-ins for employees. Communicates with supervisors and the Labor Manager on approval and denial of vacations. Monitors trends on call-ins and regularly communicates with HR team and follows up to ensure proper documentation and discipline has occurred.
• Communicates with Scheduling team to bring common ground on Labor planning. This includes but not limited to adjusting labor schedule if the schedule changes.
• Investigates overtime, double time, missed meals and deviations from presented work schedules.
• Reports weekly labor scheduling metrics to CFO, analyzes trends in the data and makes recommendations for changes if necessary.
• 3+ years Union Contract experience
• 3-5 years of related experience in food and beverage labor scheduling
• Advanced knowledge of office software systems, MS Office products including but not limited to Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel.
• Proficient with data entry in database tools Kronos knowledge preferred.
• Strong customer service skills
• Capable of working with tight deadlines to ensure on- time deliveries.
• Strong Multi-Tasking capabilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lead and build productive working relationships with all levels.
• Bilingual English / Spanish required
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry eager to become part of a progressive performance-oriented team, please begin the application process here. Please note you will need to create an account to complete the application process.