The Security Officer is responsible for monitoring cameras and radios, responding to calls, designating and assigning security personnel for security services, contacting emergency responders and providing information to individuals seeking inquires, patrolling assigned areas, investigating and/or reporting hazards and suspicious circumstances, preparing incident reports, and performing a wide range of administrative duties related to security.
• Monitor and observe CCTV cameras and radio traffic activities for hazards, unusual, or suspicious scenes/situations and ensure all areas monitored appear safe. Send security dispatch for correction or follow-up actions as appropriate.
• Monitor life safety systems and dispatch security personnel to respond to notification of “alarm report” sent by a third party monitoring company.
• Answer security telephones and/or radio calls and dispatch security personnel to all requests for assistance by client, patrons and employees.
• Communicate essential information to facilitate First Emergency Responders-fire, police, ambulance, etc. to specific location while maintaining professional composure and using proper terminology and etiquette
• Issue/collect company properties such as radios, key control system, and I.D. badges
• Document appropriate incident information on dispatch log
• Monitors whereabouts of officer locations and assignments during shift to ensure work task are being performed as required.
• Patrol of assigned areas on foot checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activities, persons, or safety/fire hazards.
• Assist with checking doors and windows of buildings to assure they are tightly closed and locked
• Investigates and/or reports hazards and unusual or suspicious circumstances to security dispatch for correction or follow-up actions.
• Prepare incident and hazard reports and other various reporting.
• Ensure that the Access Control System is working properly and activates door access requests when needed
• Ensures that Key Control System is working properly and activates keys when requested
• Complete additional task or projects as requested by Director of Safety, Security and Parking
• Screen people entering the dock area for their purpose and authorization
• Receive record and deliver lost and found items. Research and respond to inquiries from patrons concerning status of items
• Provide accurate information to people inquiring about directions, hours of show or operation etc..
• Assist office in any other administrative duties as needed
• Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards
• Valid Guard Card required.
• 1 year of security experience required.
• Experience/knowledge of CCTV and radio communication required.
• Schedule flexibility required.
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry eager to become part of a progressive performance-oriented team, please begin the application process here. Please note you will need to create an account to complete the application process.