Food & Beverage (Part-Time On-Call)
A Stand Worker prepares and serves food and beverages to customers in a friendly, courteous, timely and professional manner. Performs set-up and breakdown of stand, maintain stock of products, and keep stand area clean and organized.
This is an on-call union position, and all individuals in this role are represented by UNITE HERE! Local 19.
- Ensures the concession area is properly prepared and stocked prior to opening and throughout events. Sets-up, organizes, maintains and closes assigned concession area.
- Make sure that it is properly prepared, stocked, and presentable prior to opening and throughout events. Restock or transport stock as directed and appropriate.
- Assemble food and drinks according to customer order and serve in professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure food handling processes/ procedures are in compliance with, department, regulatory, and safety and health standards.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all work areas, tools, and equipment (including but not limited to refrigerators, counters, table, storage areas, coffee urns, and any additional equipment and tools necessary to operate the retail (location) throughout the day and at the end of the day.
- Ensure that all food service equipment is cleaned, sterilized, and ready for the next event.
- Responsible for proper storage of all food and garnishes to ensure freshness and product quality is consistently up to standard.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, portion size, and food safety and handling.
- Basic English language necessary for completion of requisitions and interaction with clients.
- Have basic customer service skills and be able to interact with customers comfortably.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hand in order to use serving utensils, pick up glassware and bottles, and products.
- Ability to remember and know various menu items.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk for long periods of time
- Standing/walking: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation and/or moving about a work area and between associated areas/buildings.
- Lifting/Carrying: Ability to lift/carry items using proper lifting/carrying procedures up to 50 lbs.
- Pulling/pushing: Exerting force to move an object towards you or away from you up to 100 lbs.
- Must have California Food Handler Card.
- Food Service Sanitation certification