A Stewarding Supervisor is responsible for working in the dish room, scrubbing pots, and pans, mops floors and performs other utility duties, such as setting up floor mats for function in the F&B Departments. Direct, train, provide daily guidance and review work of Stewarding employees.
• Direct, train and provide daily guidance to all members of stewarding department in accordance with established standards for safety, productivity, and performance
• Maintain inventory and coordinate the distribution and transportation of china glassware, linens and silverware and other equipment needed during events. Including visual inspection to ensure cleanliness and safe transportation.
• Operates dishwasher to properly clean and restock all dishes, cook wares, utensils, and kitchen equipment.
• Performs general cleaning in order to stay in compliance with Environmental Health Department and ECO-SURE.
• Ensures small wares, rolling stock, equipment are clean, organize and store according to department procedures/standards.
• Removes the trash from all containers, taking it to the dumpster located on the loading dock.
• Drive company vehicles.
• Able to speak, read and write in the English language effectively. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Must have two (2) years’ experience as a Dishwashing Supervisor.
• Scheduling flexibility is essential, willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Valid unrestricted CA Driver’s License.
• Computer experience (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel).
• Knowledge of chemicals, their interaction, and use.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand and conduct inventories.
• Understand written and oral direction and communicate effectively with others.
• Must be able to work in a high stress environment and perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
• Ability to do work standing up and walking for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds in weight (trays, refuse receptacle) and ability to move heavy (200+ pound) wheeled carts.
If you are an enthusiastic person with experience in the hospitality industry eager to become part of a progressive performance-oriented team, please begin the application process here. Please note you will need to create an account to complete the application process.