POW! WOW! San Jose
POW! WOW! San Jose (PWSJ) is an internationally renowned week-long arts and culture festival. With a rapidly developing downtown and a growing appreciation of public art, last year we realized it was time for our city to host an event that brought these two realities together in an innovative way reflective our roots.
POW! WOW!'s goal is to highlight the cultural diversity that San Jose has to offer through a gathering of contemporary artists engaging the broader community in the process and creation of live art and music. With a focus on murals being painted simultaneously around the city during the week, here is what the festival brings to San Jose:
- Public murals created by world renowned contemporary artists furthering our city’s status as a global arts destination
- A renewed sense of place making and beautification through public art
- Musical gatherings throughout the week putting a spotlight on the city’s nightlife scene
- Educational programming and artist talks throughout the festival
- A week’s worth of diverse programming centered downtown to facilitate community engagement and economic activity in that area
- Public murals that remain long after the festival is over
* Please check with this business directly to confirm the information listed here is the most current.