Skip to main content

Services & Contacts

San Jose State University campus and historic building and garden

Services & Contacts

Here is a list of services and contacts for additional filming needs:


1) California Highway Patrol (CHP)/CALTRANS 
The CHP controls all state highway filming requirements. For any state highway shoots contact the California Film Commission (CFC):

Officer Miguel D. Luevano
800-858-4749 ext. 104
323-817-4113 Fax

2) Lodging Assistance
The San Jose Film Office coordinates bids to local hotels on behalf of visiting productions of all sizes, once a production schedule and size are confirmed. If your company will be coming to San Jose and you would like assistance with lodging, call 408-792-4119 or send an email to

3) Office of Cultural Affairs and Filming in Downtown San Jose 
The Office of Cultural Affairs serves as the central point of contact for film and photography activities that require the use of city public areas including sidewalks, streets and downtown paseos. Special Event Applications & Guidelines should be reviewed and submitted in advance. For additional information, please contact the Office of Cultural Affairs or call 408-793-4344.

4) San Jose City Hall 
City Hall is an architecturally modern building located in the downtown area and designed by Richard Meier, designer of the Getty Center in Los Angeles.  City Hall consists of a 110-foot glass Rotunda with an abundance of natural light and is a popular professional filming location in San Jose.  For filming or photography at City Hall, please contact the Public Works Event Services staff at 408-924-0650. 

5) San Jose Mineta International Airport (SJC) 
San Jose Mineta International Airport (SJC) is located five minutes from Downtown San Jose. SJC completed a $1.3 billion modernization that has made it one of the greenest airports for visitors with a long list of new amenities, including 40 shops and restaurants, free Wi-Fi, and public art installations. The San Jose Jet Center offers a small suburban terminal look. For information, please visit the SJC Filming website.

6) San Jose Parks & Community Centers 
There are many beautiful areas in San Jose Parks and Community Centers that are perfect for film and photography. For filming or photography in any city park or community center in San Jose, please contact the Special Park Use staff with Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services Department or call 408-794-6500. The Parks Department Website also includes parks and outdoor spaces

7) Santa Clara County Parks and Roads 
To expedite your production, make contact with the Santa Clara County Parks Permit Issuing Office at least two weeks prior to commencement. Call 408-355-2220 or email

8) State Property Parks and Roads
Currently, there is no fee to film on California State land. If you are considering filming on state land, contact the California Film Commission at 800-858-4749.

9) Unions
The Film Office has information on use of local labor and contracts with local unions.

  • American Federation Of Television And Radio Artists: 415-391-7510
  • Director's Guild of America: 415-777-5811
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local 134: 408-294-1134
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local 611: 831-458-0338
  • I.A.T.S.E. LOCAL 16: 415-441-6400
  • Screen Actors Guild: 415-391-7510
  • Teamster's Union Local 287: 408-453-0287 

Submit a Film Office Inquiry